Reducing carbon footprint
At Anonymous Copenhagen, we believe that the best way to embrace the changes, that our planet need, is to be environmentally conscious. That’s why we are committed to reducing our own carbon footprint. We pursue sustainability throughout the entire value chain and follow social corporate responsibility best practices, including collaborating with companies who share the same values.
Quality over quantity
Quality is at the core in Anonymous Copenhagen shoes. We strive to deliver high quality products that, with the right maintenance, last. Unlike many fast fashion brands, we produce only what’s requested by our clients and own stores. The few products, that are not sold via own channels, are sold through partners. This timely and thorough process secure an absolute minimum of waste.
A safe working environment
Ensuring a safe working environment throughout the entire value chain and being socially responsible is something we pay special attention to in Anonymous Copenhagen. We work closely with family driven factories in Portugal who operate under EU standards and strict rules to avoid chemical impact, and to ensure a safe working environment. To ensure and control this, we visit the factories on regular basis. Although we do not own the entire supply chain, we strive to improve processes where we can, for example by encouraging our producers and suppliers to get certified. Here are some of certificates that our suppliers operate under: REACH, ISO 14001:2015, ISO17075-1-2017.
Supporting SDG 3
In support of SDG3 (UN Sustainable Development Goals), which aims at ensuring healthy lives and promoting wellbeing for all, Anonymous Copenhagen supports the Danish Cancer Society. The Danish Cancer is committed to preventing cancer, increasing survival rates, and improving life for cancer patients. The cause is close to our hearth and each year we make a donation to support this important work.
Focusing on how to reduce CO2 emissions and create a more positive future for the climate and the generations to come, we are working with several sustainability initiatives in Anonymous Copenhagen.
With sustainability in mind, we:
- Select sustainable materials and minimize the use of chemicals by avoiding using non-water-based glue whenever possible. We also work with chrome-free leather, aniline dyed leathers and vegetable tanned leather.
- Deliver the shoes in shoeboxes made from FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) and PEFC (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification) certified materials, as they come from sustainably managed forests. 100% of the paper included in the boxes is recycled.
- Work with several distribution warehouses in Europe, which unlike a central distribution, limits shipping back and forth.
- Have our Headquarter, main warehouse, e-commerce store and flagship store located in the same area in Copenhagen, reducing transportation.
- Use strong packaging for e-commerce, ensuring it can be re-used. For returns, we strongly encourage customers to send it back in the original packaging, which +95% of all customers currently do. On top of that, our shoeboxes are, under normal circumstances, not damaged, and can therefore be reutilized for another customer.
- Continuously develop new shoe box sizes to optimize volume, allowing more goods to be packed into the trucks and less transportation is needed.
- Use leather scraps, which are usually considered as waste, to create leather pullers for all our zippers and small leather goods. This reduces leather waste significantly.
- Extend the life of our products. All samples, made for the purpose of selling our products, are offered for sale at reduced prices.
- Sort our waist in all our facilities.
- Reuse furniture at trade shows. Instead of having furniture specially made for each event, we’ve invested in furniture that can be reused season after season. The interior decoration of has been made to last and we rarely, if ever, discard furnishings.
- Offer same day delivery to and from our warehouse to our physical store, by bike.
- In our psychical store we will be replacing single-use plastic- and paper bags with reusable shopping bags that are fairly made in Italy of 60% recycled fiber and 40% natural cotton yarn.
- Starting from the Spring/Summer 2021 collection, we have eliminated single-use plastic foam inlays from our packaging.
We constantly bring in new initiatives, helping us to reduce our carbon footprint. What we are already doing is indeed not definitive, it is just the beginning.